Thursday, January 7, 2010

Work? You mean I have to do work in the Peace Corps?

January 7 2010
So I left my site on the 23 of December to go to Costa Rica and spent a few days there and it was the most enjoyable and relaxing time I have had in the 9 months I have been away from home. After my pleasant excursion to Costa Rica I ventured down to Panama city for New Years with several of my Peace Corps friends. I also had a great time in Panama although I do have to say there was a little more alcohol involved in these my activities than there was in Costa Rica.

The New Year arrived with Gretchen's Mom and brother and we traveled together to David before I left them to go on there way to Gretchen's site for a couple of days. After a long discussion and some serious convincing, Gretchen got me to agree to get out of my site again and spend some time on the island in the Caribbean with here family. It was a rough choice but I had to pull the trigger and make the call to decide over Caribbean beach town or Ngobe land and bugs. I was torn.

So as for the work that I heard I am here to do I guess it is coming along. The Panamanians really now how to drag out a holiday season and still have yet to do any work since the beginning of November. My Farm is going. I have yucca, sugar cane, corn, bell pepper and bananas growing. I also just started some tomatoes that were barely sprouting when I returned to my site for the short two day stint to say hello and goodbye. Other than that my job has consisted of some traveling and relaxing lately. I will continue to try and get the people in my site to do some work but as of right now I am just adjusting to the Caribbean life style and kicking my feet up and relaxing a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment