Friday, January 15, 2010

Where's my Ngobe?

Just finished my Project Management and Leadership training and to tell you the truth it was more fun that I expected. All of the volunteers that attended had to bring a community member with them. Someone that held the position of a leader in the community or someone that they thought could use some training in order to fill a leadership position in the future. I chose to bring the President of my aquaduct directive and it was an interesting few days. To start off Ngobe Indians are known to be timid around new people, second he had never been as far in the country as I took him. So basically I was baby sitting a 27 year old man that has 4 kids at home with the grand parents. The first day I don't think he said more than hello my name is Lucas to anyone in the training. As the days went on though he slowly opened up and I think he had a great time. I had one of the girls in my group ask him to dance during our culture night and I haven't seen him smile or laugh as much as he did during that night. All in all I think he had a great time. I got some great information and I hope that he will retain some of the important information that was taught during our few days in Cocle.

On another note I received a few calls from the United States. Pete Carroll is leaving us. My heart and hopes for the USC football team both stopped. Until I received another call notifying me that Lane Kiffin will be the new head coach, and also maybe more importantly that Norm Chow will be returning as the offensive coordinator. So my hopes are back up. I am optimistic and ready for the next season to start. With a quarterback that seems to have a lot of potential I can't wait to see what he will be able to do with a little help from Norm Chow. Who did groom two Heisman Trophy winners. Well, although I will miss next season as well, I am ready to read updates on the computer and maybe see the occasional game on the island. When I get back our team better be nasty, because I am not unlike other USC football fans in the way that I do not stand for our team losing. Go TROJANS

No comments:

Post a Comment