Monday, March 21, 2011

Time is Running Out

Just finished my Close of Service conference and have all of the necessary information to complete my Peace Corps experience.

It was a weird couple of days with all of the friends I have made during my 2 years of service. We spent the 3 days in a room learning all of the forms we need to fill out and all of the medical appointments we need to make in order to leave the country healthy and happy. Most importantly we learned how we are going to sell our service when we return back to the states. Finally we learned how much money we were going to receive and when we could expect to get that money.

When we learned our COS date and had to decide whether or not we were going to fly home or take money in lieu. I was up in the air but it took some convincing for me to decide that I am going to go on a short trip after finishing in order to get some time to really relax before I have to get to work. Instead of returning home I am going go to Columbia for a week with Gretchen and my friend Donald. We are going to Cartagena and Medellin. It should be a trip of a lifetime and I know that I regret not going when I have the time.

As for work I will be able to finish all that I set to finish. I have a couple of hard days of work left but with the success we have had in the past I will be done quick. I know that I will miss this country and I don't want to regret seeing everything, spending time with the friends I have made, or not finishing the projects I set out to finish. I work hard and will finish my work but at the same time I like to have fun and will regret both if I don't get to enjoy the time I have.

Time is Running Out. I have about 2 months left and feel the end coming quick. My feelings about the end are constantly changing. I am ready to go one day and then the next day I can't stop thinking about all of the friends I have made and how comfortable I have become here in Panama. There is nothing I can do, the end is going to come, I have to move on and am preparing myself for that next step. What that next step is will start with Lifeguarding but after that it will be up the firefighting agencies to decide whether or not I have to change my plan.

Ready or not here I come USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment